Characteristic features and advantages
Characteristic functional features:
- non-stop payment collection via payment system based on the driver’s “electronic wallet”;
- road network demand control by means of real-time non-stop payment collection from drivers using the road network depending on actual travel distance, vehicle mass and traffic load;
- reliable “real-time” information about alternative travel routes for each driver, which differ in travel time, distance and costs, as well as traffic load data uploaded on an on-board navigation device;
- reliable identification of a vehicle and measurement of its movement parameters regardless of weather conditions, time of the day and visibility;
- automatic control over abiding by traffic regulations (e.g. junction crossing rules) due to reliable reading of identification data with no need of additional checks by a human operator;
- automatic collection of road and insurance tolls collection, as well as taxes and fines (e.g. for illegal parking),
- giving priorities to specialized transport;
- parking lots management with non-stop payment collection;
- access control to restricted areas;
- control over concordance between license plates and registered vehicles to prevent illegal replacement of plates or intentional distortion of their letters and numbers;
- emergency monitoring and notification of emergency services and traffic police;
- remote vehicle driver identification;
- remote driver’s working time accounting;
- dynamic weighting of freight transport with automatic travel tolls collection;
- measurement of transport flow parameters, such as intensity, density and speed;
- statistics collection and processing.
- Protection from license plate replacement by blocking the car engine;
- remote shutdown of the vehicle;
- elimination of traffic jams and joining of traffic flows in case of a gridlock;
- control over customs freight passages.
Characteristic structural and technical features:
- Hierarchical control structure: block – district – city - county;
- Decentralized/centralized system control mode and adaptive autonomous junction control mode;
- The equipment is hidden and mounted underground so that it does not require expensive skids and racks or overhead constructions, thus preserving architectural image of the city;
- Apart from the state-issued license plate, every vehicle is equipped with individual RFID means embodied as a solid electronic vehicle license plate, which generates signals to be received by dedicated readers.
Technical and economic competitive advantages:
- The system is multifunctional and substantially cheaper than conventional video-based systems (practically all ITS-related issues are solved using a single package of means);
- It is much more effective than its counterparts;
- It is highly reliable;
- It has low operating costs and is simple in maintenance;
- It uses existing communication networks (the system is narrow-band) and navigation services;
- The system does not consume much resource and energy;
- It is possible to expand technical capabilities of the system without extra costs of integration and update of basic technical hardware and software regardless of the territory to be covered and its national ownership;
- The system is of high commercialization level and has a high payback rate;
- The system possesses exceptional intellectual rights in the Russian Federation, the European Union, Eurasia, the USA, Singapore, Australia, etc.
- It is durable, defect-resistant and is able to operate in gridlocks and in bad weather, or when traffic flow intensity exceeds actual traffic capacity of the road network.
Effects of UTP «ElecTraCop» implementation:
- Economic: minimization of travel time and costs;
- Social: easing of psychological and emotional press and increase in people’s mobility;
- Political: positive image of local authorities;
- Ecological: drop in harmful emissions, greenhouse gases (CO2) and decreased fuel consumption.